Thursday night I took my mom's car back to my apartment so I could make it to my last day of work. When I got there yesterday I discovered that one of my co-workers (who is also a pastry chef) had baked a beautiful cake for me and another girl who was also there for her last day. It was the most amazing cake I've had in a long time, possibly ever. So delicious. And another friend crocheted a beautiful blue and white blanket for me, and made me a turquoise necklace. I'm going to miss everyone.. I met so many nice people while working there. Aside from that it was a crappy day - I was stuck on express and carts the entire time (both of which I dislike). It seemed like it was "Torture Molly Because She's Leaving Day". After work I quickly grabbed some stuff and came back here to my parents' house so Mom could go shopping today with her car (well.. she said I didn't have to come down, that she could wait to go grocery shopping, but I wanted to). I felt sad because I ran over a little (baby?) skunk on the way there... I tried not to hit it but it ran back into the road.. :-(
While I was at work yesterday Dad and his mechanic friend Dan worked on my car, but even with the new water pump they couldn't get fluid to circulate through the motor. It looks like I may have no other choice but to get a new car..
So after shopping today I am going to take my mom's car back to my apartment again tonight and spend the night, hopefully getting to do something with Matt, and then I will clean tomorrow, etc., pack up the stuff I need for the week, and then head back down here. Ugh. I'll be glad when I finally have a routine going.
Love.
-
With all the negatives, fear, and hate going around in the news, I too
became worried and angry. But then I remembered: fighting hate with anger
doesn't wo...
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment