Sunday, September 23, 2007

Cars, cars, cars

It turns out that my car is fixed and back to working fine now. My dad and Dan (his mechanic friend) worked on it some more yesterday and finally got the fluid to circulate through the motor. Dad took it on several "test" runs, and says it is now fine for me to use again. Yay! But I still want to go car shopping next weekend (or at least sometime soon). I want to get a Baja most of all, but a newer nicer Subaru would be fine too (mine is a '98 Subaru Outback Wagon). Mine still looks very nice and was well taken care of and I love it, but it needs several parts replaced and the motor knocks. It has about 120k miles which isn't a lot for Subaru, but a car with lower mileage would be nice. So now I'm really excited to go car shopping!
On the way back up here to my apartment last night another deer almost ran out in front of me on the interstate but stopped on the bank, maybe because I was coming? I don't know why it stopped, but I was sure glad it did - my heart just about went up my throat when I saw it running towards the road. I also saw some animal in a pull over area, but it was dark so I couldn't tell what it was. It kind of looked like it was a fox. The rest of my ride was uneventful.
And now I've got a bunch of cleaning and packing that I need/want to do, but my computer keeps distracting me. :-P

No comments: