Saturday, September 1, 2007

So long, 21

Yesterday when I got out of work I came down here to spend the weekend with my family. It was so nice to be able to wake up here at my parents' house and spend the day with them and not have to leave to head back to my apartment at the end of the day. I miss going shopping and doing other daily things with my family.

This morning was laid back; I had coffee and a donut for breakfast and relaxed for a little while. Then a little after noon we headed down to West Lebanon to do some shopping. Mom let me pick out some Vera Bradley items for my birthday at Mouse Menagerie - I chose the Mini Hipster, and the Checkbook Cover and Clip Zip ID because they didn't have the Pocket Wallet in my color (which happens to be Java Blue). They also had some really cute teeny tiny notepads at the counter and I got one with kittens on it. So cute! Later we had dinner at Weathervane (a seafood restaurant), and the waitress found out that it was my birthday when I ordered a mudslide. She grinned and said that she would "make the kitchen aware of that", and later brought me a free ice cream sundae for dessert. :)

And for my birthday dinner (which we will have tomorrow instead) Mom is going to make my favorite "pillow" cheese ravioli with Texas Toast (yum!), and bake a coconut cake. Mmm!

No comments: