I find it kinda funny that I never saw the customer who asked me out again.
Several months ago when I was working at Shaw's, there was this really nice guy (who looked about 10-15-20 years older than me) who I would chat with when he came through my line, and who I saw nearly every day. Before you start thinking I was being flirty I'll let you know that I would chat with any friendly person who came through my line. If he was in someone else's line he would wave and call over to me, asking how I was. One day I was clocked out and ready to head home when he rolled up in his Mustang (I was standing outside my car taking off my sweatshirt) and said "Hey, I've been wanting to ask you something".
Me: "What's that?"
Him: "I was wondering if I could get your number.. so I could call you."
Me (feeling embarrassed, and making a face): "Ehh, I don't think so, I already have a boyfriend."
Him: "You just seemed kinda nice."
I think I said "sorry", and then he put on his sunglasses with a smile and drove away. I felt so uncomfortable, not because of him, but just because I always feel uncomfortable when I know a guy would like to date me or something. I guess it's just one of my quirks. But anyway, after that I really didn't want to see him and avoided him so he wouldn't see me (again one of my quirks; I do this every time I know a guy likes me). I saw him in line once and I made sure I didn't bag for him, and another time when he was in line I went over to the CSR desk and pretended to be checking out the schedule book so he wouldn't see me (or were those both the same time? I can't remember). And then the last time I saw him he was in an express line and they told me to open up another express - I said I could take some of the express customers in my line and looked at him, but he ignored me and didn't say a word. I never saw him again. Which is weird because I worked there for several more months before I left. It made me wonder if he came there just to see me lol. I suppose it's not impossible. :-P
Love.
-
With all the negatives, fear, and hate going around in the news, I too
became worried and angry. But then I remembered: fighting hate with anger
doesn't wo...
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment